Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital
8747 Squires Lane NE
Warren, OH, 44484
Austintown Rehabilitation Services
A Service of Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital
1450 S. Canfield Niles Road
Youngstown, OH 44515 330-884-2250
Our Outpatient Therapy Services include:
Adult and Pediatric Physical Therapy
Physical therapy begins with a thorough evaluation by a licensed Physical Therapist. A program is then designed for the patient’s specific needs. Treatment is always aimed at improving function and alleviating discomfort while achieving the patient’s goal for therapy. Patients are encouraged to assume an active role in their recovery process to assure a successful outcome and to prevent potential problems.
Your physical therapy program could include:
- Pain control modalities
- Therapeutic techniques
- Endurance and strength training
- Postural and body mechanics instruction
- Manual techniques
- Kinesio taping
- Home exercise programs
Adult and Pediatric Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy begins with a thorough evaluation by a licensed Occupational Therapist. The goal of therapy is to return the patient to their daily routine of work, self-care, and leisure activities, as soon as possible.
Your occupational therapy program could include:
- Activities of daily living
- Joint protection
- Energy conservation techniques
- Gross and fine motor coordination
- Grip and upper body strengthening
- Home exercise program
- Pain control modalities
Adult and Pediatric Speech Therapy
Speech therapy begins with a thorough evaluation by a certified licensed Speech-Language Pathologist. A comprehensive evaluation of communication, cognitive and voice disorders is performed.
An evaluation of swallowing can be conducted for a person having trouble with eating. Recommendations for treatment and diet modification are provided to ensure continued safe oral nutrition.
Additional Services Include:
- Driver Evaluation Program
- Ergonomic Evaluations
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Industrial Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Treatment
- Move to Improve Parkinson’s Program
- Physical Exercise Program (PEP)
- Pre-employment Testing
- Sports Medicine
- Work Simulation and Conditioning
- Wheelchair Assessment
For more information on outpatient therapy services at Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, call 330-841-3767. For more information on Austintown Rehabilitation Services, A Service of Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, call 330-884-2250.
Outpatient Transportation Program
Hillside offers an Outpatient Transportation Program for patient living in the community who have no other means of transportation to outpatient rehabilitation.
Outpatient Transportation Program Guidelines:
- Patients are scheduled based on need and a first-come, first-served basis.
- There is a round trip fee of $6 per patient, payable to the driver each day of transport.
- Patients need to be ready at the scheduled pick-up time. Drivers are NOT allowed to enter patient homes. If needed, drivers will assist from the door to the vehicle, and into therapy.
For more information or to schedule transportation, call 330-841-3621.